Mythological Bird




Annyeong Haseyo!!!! 

It was a quite sunny day,
I saw a bird statue when I visited the Blue House ( Presidential House ) in Korea. At first I have no idea about this bird, I just described this bird as an icon of the country.

But after a YEAR ! 

I found a similar statue with it in China.  I felt so curious, whether that bird is an icon of Korea or it's just an icon that often used by the people in Asia. So I decided to make a research in the internet.

The bird is called Fenghuang ( 鳳凰 ) or in Korean called Bonghwang (봉황) . Fenghuang / Bonghwang are mythological birds of East Asia that reign over all other birds.   It is a symbol of high virtue and grace. In Korea, the Chinese phoenix / fenghuang has been used for the royal emblem (more especially for Queens) and the presidential emblem. That's why I saw that statue at the Blue House.

Bonghwang (봉황)




No comments:

Post a Comment